VIDEO *WARNING* If you are hypersensitive about curse words you may not want to watch this video.
It’s Thursday night. We’re sitting here contemplating about whether we should put this post on our site because the language is a bit abrasive and many a folk may be offended by it. But then….
– Our 3 year old gets out the bed and says “Baba (means daddy in swahili)…I’m pulling on my finger and it hurts” Baba says…”Stop pulling on it”… 3 year old says “OK”
– Our 5 year old gets out the bed 5 minutes later and say “Mommy….my eye hurts.” Mommy says…”O.k baby…close your eye and go to sleep”. 5 year old says “ok”.
– Our 9 year old gets out the bed 1 minute later and says “Mom…I need some toilet paper”. Mom says “Did you look in the bathroom?” 9 year old says “no”. Mom says “well..you might want to do that.” 9 year old says “o.k”
– Our 3 year old gets back out the bed 30 seconds later and says “Baba ….Baba….Baba…Baba”. He keeps saying Baba because Baba is intentionally ignoring him..LOL. Finally, Baba gets up and 3 year old says “you didn’t get me a bike yesterday”. Baba says “Get back in the bed.” 3 year old says “o.k”
– Our 5 year old gets out the bed 4 minutes later and says “Baba my finger hurts.” Baba says “Get back in the bed.” 5 year old says “ok”
– 6 year old and 5 year old get out the bed 9 minutes later and say “Mommy…we can’t go to sleep”……
And it’s at that point that we look at each other convinced that we’ve got confirmation that doing this post is the right thing…..because in our gut both of us were feeling that our children need to get back in the bed, be quiet, and GO THE F**K TO SLEEP!
For those of yall that are a part of the BLAM Fam that have children, we know you can identify with this feeling. Question…could you ever see yourself reading this “children’s book” to your child as a bed time story? Let us know what you think.