By Ayize & Aiyana Ma’at
If you’re not careful and intentional about guarding your marriage, working “closely” with a co-worker for five, six, or seven days a week can definitely cause some serious issues in your relationship. Truthfully, there may be true chemistry between you and your colleague…a chemistry that feels like a distant memory in your marriage. It’s not abnormal to be attracted to someone other than your spouse especially if you’re experiencing an empty, lonely, and touch deprived relationship at home. Hell, even if all your needs are met by your boo it’s still within the realm of possibility that you may get caught up spending a little bit more time at somebody’s desk, or having corner of the cafeteria “lunch meetings” when you know you ain’t right. Sure it’s not right…but it’s happening. Folks we’re here to let you know 5 Reasons why the work spouse thing is not a good idea.
1. You Are Married: You made a commitment to your spouse and to your marriage (and it probably wasn’t packed with a whole bunch of “only if he/she” contingencies)
2. You Have Children: When..not if but WHEN your husband/wife finds out your relationship will be Fu@!ed UP. And having a Fuc$ed Up relationship creates a greater chance of having Fuc$ed Up children.
3. You don’t have a bullet proof heart: You might wanna classify it as just a booty call or a piece of lunch meat…but fam when the heart is involved it becomes more than that. And more often than not…when THE HEART BECOMES INVOLVED and that’s when the HEAD & HEART BEGIN TO HURT.
4. No Job No Money: Many places have strict policies as it pertains to office romance. It’s not a good look to lose your income over something that’s fleeting. Having sex in the elevator, the car, the closet, or on your desk may be an exciting idea….but is it really worth it when your bare ass is sitting on a pink slip and got some “splainin” to do when you get home?
5. Your Secret Is Everybody’s “Secret”: If you think he or she ain’t gonna share with somebody about the “pick me up” they’re getting during the day…you’re a damn fool. Loose lips sink ships and it’s only a matter of time before somebody and then the wrong body (your spouse) finds out. Trust…we’ve seen it happen over and over and over again counseling couples.
What’s up y’all we are Ayize & Aiyana Ma’at….a married couple that has been together since high school. Yup…high school sweet hearts. We have five incredible children…who keep us on our toes all the time : ) We are relationship therapists, coaches, and experts that have been featured on the Oprah Winfrey Network, Dr. Drew’s Lifechangers, TV One, and other media outlets. We are helpers…we are healers….and we are here to serve you.
If you or someone you know would like to have INDIVIDUAL or COUPLES coaching from us please CLICK HERE