By The Ninja Wife
Falling in love is a beautiful thing. It can be all-consuming, and make you feel like like you can take on the world. But, sustaining long term love can be difficult. Here are 50 ways to strengthen the love you and your significant other have. This is a comprehensive list to loving better and getting back to the feelings you had when you first fell in love.
1. Make your loved one your first priority. If the phone rings in the middle of a discussion, let him finish what he is saying and then pick up the phone or call back.
2. Leave “I love you” notes on his Facebook page. This will let your partner and his Facebook friends know how in love you both are.
3 Share. Share your love, fears and responsibility. Do not be greedy by trying to be all and do all. Excluding him from your life will push him away.
4. Try not to argue over finances. Instead of arguing over money, brainstorm ideas of saving and earning more together.
5. Make an “I love you” phone call. Call your him now just to say that you love him.
7. Let your loved one sleep in and serve him breakfast in bed. He will love to wake up to homemade pancakes on a Sunday morning.
8. Organize a picnic. Plan a picnic just for the two of you.
9. Let your significant other know that you love him, despite his flaws. You love him just as he is.
10. Give your significant other a massage after a long work day. It is great stress relief for both of you.
11. Do not criticize his family or friends. You can join in only if he initiates the conversation. However, not in full force. If you really have strong feelings about the person, sugar-coating your opinion might work best in this situation.
12. Thank him for every little bit of love and care he gives you. Everyone loves to hear a “thank you” once in a while.
13. Appreciate and acknowledge his achievements.Whether in studies, career or homemaking, acknowledging his hard work is something he will greatly appreciate.
14. Have a long meaningful conversation. Having a meaningful conversation with your partner will help the two of you get closer.
15. Stargaze. Grab a blanket and lay down to stargaze tonight. Make this something you both do on a weekly basis.
16. Hold hands in public. Showing public displays of affection can help your relationship.
17. Give your partner time and space to play. No one likes to compete with a gaming system or a television show. But, if you give him time to play once in a while, it will make your relationship strong. Your partner will appreciate that you give him that time.
18. Let your partner finish their point in an argument. Even if you disagree, count to 10 before responding. This will give you time to really listen to what they are saying and to formulate a response.
19. Do not sweat the small stuff. Letting small issues rustle your feathers will create unnecessary stress in your relationship.
20. Talk to him about fond childhood memories. Let your significant other know how you grew up and the memories you have from when you were younger.
21. Apologize when you are wrong. He will appreciate it above all.
22. Trust your partner. Let your partner go out with his friends. Do not hover and constantly ask where he is when he is out. Trust him.
23. Never compare him other to others. No one likes to be compared to other people. This is something you should never do.
24.Tell your partner that you are proud to be with him. This will boost his self-esteem and confidence in your relationship.
25. Make decisions about big plans and purchases together. If you are thinking about buying a new car or wanting to move into a house, never take it upon yourself to go to the dealership or call a realtor. Discuss major plans and decisions together.
CLICK HERE to read more.