By Amy Schoen
What makes a good companion? Do you have what it takes to be a good companion to your love interest?
Here are 7 ways that you can be a good life partner and companion to someone. Ask yourself these relationship questions:
- Do you have fun together and find you can be playful and light-hearted with one another? With the right partner you can be silly together and laugh with one another. Also you get one another’s jokes and humor.
- Are you a good listener where you help your partner feel heard? You can express empathy without having to solve their problem. You seek to understand your partner, and are sensitive to his or her needs and requests.
- Are you willing to go along with your partner into their world by spending time with their friends, family and colleagues, as well as, part take in their activities and interest? Perhaps you may go to the occasional hockey game with his work buddies and their wives even though this not an activity you would choose to do on your own!
- Are you willing to compromise and consider what’s best for you as a couple instead of just the individual? What is important here is to be working to find livable solutions for the “we” instead of only thinking what’s in it for “me”! If your partner gets a desirable oversees assignment, you may try and work out a way with your work to join your partner for some part of that time.
- Are you able to express appreciation for having your partner in your life? You can do this both verbally and by your actions such as gift giving or helping your partner with a chore in order to make their life a bit easier. One example of this is you offering to bring home dinner after a difficult day at work.
CLICK HERE to read more.