By Ruth Purple
Finding a man worth keeping these days is like going fishing in Citarum River, the word’s most polluted river- instead of finding a good catch, you find yourself surrounded with crap! To avoid wasting your time with crappy men, here are some guidelines to consider if the guy is a keeper or not.
• He speaks his mind. A guy who is vocal about his opinions can be annoying sometimes, but believe me, it is better than a guy who keeps everything to himself. Being with a man who is expressive about his opinions, complains, and emotions makes a relationship meaningful and a whole lot easier to manage.
• He knows how to fight right. Arguments and conflicts in the relationship are unavoidable, but when you fight, make sure that you know how to make these fights work for your relationship. A man worth keeping is a man who knows how to fight right- to argue truthfully and respectfully.
• He is not into computer. Unless he works as an internet marketer or a computer programmer, a guy worth keeping is a guy who would rather sit in front of the TV and enjoy a game, or have a few drinks and talk with the boys, rather than sit in the front of the computer, commenting on each of his friend’s post in his Facebook account, or sneak into the latest porn sites or worst- sign- up in Ashley Madison.
• He is not afraid to shed a tear. A man worth keeping cries, but he is not a crier. There are certain situations that a man needs to cry- a death or a birth of a child, a hand or foot caught in a bear trap, heroic acts, traumatic events, “Star Spangled Banner” + wounded soldier and the song “Cat’s in the Cradle.”
• He has a health and life insurance. A guy who considers the unknown is worth keeping. He makes sure that whatever happens, the people around him are secure.
• He has money stashed away for emergency. A man worth keeping is reliable. He makes sure, that your future with him will not be worthy to be in the episode of, “Survivor”.
• He has ambition and focus. Life can be a one big distraction, but a man worth keeping knows what he wants and is not shaken by life’s surprises. In addition, a guy who can keep his focus is not likely to cheat or stray away.
• He has a sense of humour. If he knows how to laugh at himself and not take life seriously, then he is worth keeping.
• He goes through a general check- up at least twice a year. A man worth keeping doesn’t take his health for granted, he is aware of the direct line between his health and the people he cares about.
• He has a good relationship with his mom, but is not a momma’s boy. A man worth keeping knows how to understand and respect women, and one of the signs of such man is his relationship with his mother.
• He’s seen “New Moon” with you. That movie was… terrible. But if he’s willing to watch it with you and not talk in his phone or text the whole movie, he’s worth keeping. But if he has seen it several times… he may be a crier or gay.
• He can sleep well at night. Sleep is one of the most important things in life. If he can sleep well at night, it tells that he has peace of mind and increases your chances of having a regular pleasant snooze.
You can read more from Ruth Purple at www.relazine.com