Warning!!!! You can be in a relatively healthy and happy marriage and still experience infidelity. Yup…it’s true. Not only do bad things happen to good people…but bad circumstances occasionally fall upon “sure” relationships. Tyler Perry’s movie Temptation showed aspects of how infidelity may develop and wreak havoc on a seemingly good marriage. Here are a few words from the wise..internalize and apply them and you’ll be on the right track to strengthening, securing, and protecting your marriage from the internal and external chaos that will inevitably come.
1. Communicate your unmet needs.
2. Meet or assist your spouse with meeting their unmet needs.
3. Don’t take your spouse for granted.
3. Know that anybody is capable of anything. (good or bad)
4. Pay attention to the details. Your spouse wants to know that you know them.
Stop Playing. Start Pushing.