By Ayize Ma’at
A few weeks ago, in response to a barrage of immature and disrespectful virtual opinions about me….I found myself asking the question…..What the hell is a SIMP? And without a moments hesitation I received a response from more than one guy saying “You nigga”. Now before I continue let me give you a little back story. Exactly 1 year ago….Jan 19th 2011 I posted a video on YouTube titled “Women Today Ain’t Like Women Of Yesterday (check it out below if you haven’t already seen it). That video was met with a massive applause by many women because in the video I essentially expressed that men don’t really know that women today ain’t like women of yesterday because we really didn’t take the time to get to know them yesterday and we still aren’t taking the time to get to know them today. Again, many women loved it….some fellas felt it, and a small number abhorred it. That is until recently at least….lol
A few weeks ago I started receiving a bunch of comments on this video which led me to believe it was either placed on somebody’s website or it was promoted in the virtual environment somewhere which was provoking such an outpouring of responses. One of those responses came in the form of a 2 minute video of some dude who had recorded himself laughing as he watched my video on his computer. I was thinking “really dude”. It’s weird watching someone watch a video of you. Here are some of the comments that were made on Women Today Ain’t Like Women Of Yesterday:
– This is one of the WORST simps I have seen on youtube. He is EXACTLY what feminism has done to BM, made them a joke of a man who grovels to women for appeasement. How dare he compare BW of the past to this RANCID generation of thug lovers, mammies, ghetto gaggers & nigga haters!!!
– this nigga is weak a typical “momma made man”
– Mangiiiiina aleeeert!
– We’ll see how long this SIMP empowers women when his REDBONE leaves his ass.
– Dude get you a big ass glass of MAN UP. Nah, you need the 3-liter bottle cause you ain’t got no testosterone in your system.Taking a ride on the SIMP train and about to get his ticket punched.
– Oh I see, you’re one them niggas that thinks The Color Purple movie was a true depiction of black relationships. You are a pussy ass nigga dawg and your wife OBVIOUSLY wears the pants. You’re really trying to argue that men aren’t naturally supposed to lead? Kill yourself, and if you didn’t know your wife is fucking another dude. I promise you.
– captain save a hoe
– Forsaking your manhood and playing second fiddle to a woman just to be able to “smell it”.
– SIMPING at its finest SMH!
When I received all of these comments I was like “Wow!” I wasn’t really offended, more than anything I was amused and saddened by the short sightedness of the men who made these comments. There was a compulsion to “get back in the lab” and create something to challenge, inspire, and encourage men to get beyond their “ball size” and the junior high preoccupation with “who has the biggest dick on display”. There was a compulsion to express to them that their mind and spirit has the capacity to extend far beyond a 12 inch ruler and getting to know women deeper and more completely through effective communication will only increase the value of their relationships and their lives.
So again I went to the lab…and started working on something that will hopefully meet that goal (Due to be released in April). Until then let’s keep striving yall. It’s way bigger than me….It’s way bigger than Aiyana….It’s all about the growth and development of healthy family’s and healthy community’s. We’re going to do our part and we’re challenging you to do yours. Check out the video below if you haven’t had a chance to and as always remember STOP PLAYING and START PUSHING.